Our chapter meeting took place last night. We were going to have our competition winners from last year showcase their work in a progression format. Unfortunately, none of them were able to attend.
So we switched to general progression with some “table topics.” Our initial list of topics was this:
- How did you get your first job in technical communications?
- What’s your worst tech comm experience on the job? Share your horror story.
- Contractor or regular employee? Pros and cons
- Technical writer skills and alternative jobs
- Judging STC competitions
- How to submit a winning entry
But we had a small turnout so we chose the last four topics above.
Three young people who are just entering the field attended as well as some “old-timers” we hadn’t seen in a while.